Teaching himself to ski at the age of three in the former Czechoslovakia Jussi’s love affair
for the mountains and the exhilaration of a life lived outdoors was solidified at an early age.
Jussi Grznar has a continual appreciation for the environment around him and values photography
as a means to document life. At home in the backcountry, Jussi has been witness to our changing environment
as world temperatures rise. He hopes by sharing the beauty and elegance of these places he can bring awareness
to the importance of conscious environmentalism and sustainability.
His work has taken him across the globe through numerous mountain ranges, rice fields,
double-overhead barreling waves, to the Ghats of Varanasi. These experiences have earned him
a global perspective, resulting in a unique style. A style which was recognized and awarded by numerous competitions and publications around the world.
Splitting his time between California and British Columbia Jussi Grznar is a storyteller at heart, always searching for the next defining moment.
Awards & Accomplishments:
- 2021 APA Awards - Photo of the Year in "Sports/Adventure" Category - 2nd place
- 2019 Judge at Pro Photographer Showdown at World Ski and Snowboard Festival
- 2018 Judge at Pro Photographer Showdown at World Ski and Snowboard Festival
- 2016 Overall Winner at Pro Photographer Showdown at World Ski and Snowboard Festival
- 2016 People's Choice Winner at Pro Photographer Showdown at World Ski and Snowboard Festival
- 2013 Red Bull Illume Finalist